Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Life is good

Are you a glass half full person or a glass empty person? I tend to be a glass full gal. 

It is ultimately our attitude. Try taking a moment and reflect on all the good things that have happened in your life. Instead of focusing on what you don't have, focus on what you do have, right now. Try it! Count your blessings. Jot them down. At least stop and think of as many things as you can that you are thankful for right now.

Here is my list:

1. My relationship with everyone I meet(people and animals)
2. My home and the joy of sharing it with others
3. The joy of laughing
4. My relationship with my 3 beautiful cats
5. This new season of my life, where I am living my dream
6. Dark chocolate and that I have enough to eat
7. The fact that I am warm and dry and comfortable
8. The fact that I am healthy, and able to exercise regularly
9. My church and the blessings in my life

Being grateful has a positive impact and affect on the way you think and feel. 

My wish is that this holiday season's attitude of gratitude would be contagious and that people will spread it forward throughout the world. It starts with me and you. Let us make this holiday season a great one by being grateful for things great and small. You do that by making a conscious choice to turn toward positive appreciation. Think of things, people or experiences you are grateful for. 

A thought for the day:

Gratitude is the state of openness to love, to our Source of well Being.