Friday, November 8, 2013

Gratitude




Gratitude is a great reminder to me to always count my blessings. One of My favorite holidays of the year is Thanksgiving because its history has a single purpose: to stop and express thanks for the people and the things that are such an essential part of our lives.

Each year at Thanksgiving, many Americans share what they’re grateful for or bow their heads in prayer to give thanks. There is plenty to be thankful for apart from the food on our plate. Thankfulness is something that should be practiced on a daily bases and not just a 1-day holiday in November.

Life presents challenging circumstances almost every day. It is easy to lose sight of the good things happening around us because we are consumed with the negative.  Feeling gratitude is an important practice that I have brought into my daily practice.  Feel grateful for all that surrounds you, grateful for the gifts that life gives you and grateful for your awareness. You are alive and here on this planet and that is something to feel good about.

Tis' the season to give thanks for all the many blessings in our lives great and small. I choose to be grateful for Life. Each day given to me is a blessing. I am alive; breathing, laughing, walking, talking, and smiling.  

The challenge is to carry this attitude past the Thanksgiving season. 



A thought for the day:

“Grace is, inwardly, the strength of simplicity and self knowledge, and outwardly, the beauty of acceptance and gentleness.”

Adaptation from The I-Ch’ing or Book of Changes, Passage No. 22, as translated and interpreted by Brian Browne Walker