Sunday, November 8, 2015

Human Nature


While we're striving to change our life or wishing things could have been different, we forget to 
pay attention to what you need, Sounds simple right.

Oh I’m hungry, I need to eat.   Oh I’m thirsty, I need to drink. Oh, I’m emotionally upset, I need to go for a run and then have a bath.

It’s real easy to get all hung up on ‘doing things right’ and ‘getting better’ all the time; However, we’re so damn good at deferring and denying our needs, that most of us have no skills at all around meeting our needs.

Our body needs rest, we plough on. We need to be heard, we don’t speak up.

Sometimes, we need to remind ourselves that it’s okay to be just as we are. It’s okay to let things slide sometimes, it’s okay not to be perfect, or to have mastered anything

Mastering life means knowing exactly what your needs are and meeting them, no excuses.